TECDIS version 4.6.0 – Release History
The major bugfixes and new features for the latest and previous versions of TECDIS version 4.6.0 are listed here.
184.108.40.206 (Released 20.01.10)
- Bugfix for IP connection to Furuno radars with RSD output disabled. 
- Bugfix for route/waypoint sensor output (RTE/WPL). 
220.127.116.11 (Released 23.10.09)
- New Feature: Anchor watch. User drawn danger areas now only give alarm when crossing the boundary of the area. A danger area can be drawn around the vessel, providing an anchor watch alarm. 
- Furuno RCU-018 operator panel can now be used for input in the route planning interface. 
- Chart display of seismic sensors has been expanded. 
- Position sensors reporting status mode 4 or 5 in GGA (Real Time Kinetics) are now accepted. 
- Bugfix for reception of waypoints and route data from external sources (RTE/WPL). 
- Bugfix for reception of cursor position and tracked targets from the secondary radar sensor. 
18.104.22.168 (Released 19.03.09)
- Zoom buttons next to scale level now zoom normally when left mouse button is used, and keeps current chart when right button is used. 
- (TECDIS Setup) The NMEA data window now displays raw sensor as received, and provides better reporting of serial port and checksum errors. 
- (Alarm Interface) Successive alarms are now signalled with a 2.5 second break in the alarm line output. Acknowledge signal duration is 2.5 seconds longer and ackowledge reception is improved.  
- English wording improvements in route monitoring information. 
- (Track Control) When serial line to autopilot is disconnected for more than 20 seconds (previously 10 seconds), TECDIS now ensures that track control mode is not resumed after reconnection of the serial line if autopilot timeout has not yet occurred. 
22.214.171.124 (Released 09.02.09)
- Monitor alarm sound was not properly activated in some cases when Furuno RCU-018 was attached. 
- When activating a route, the closest waypoint ahead of the vessel (heading +/- 90 degrees) is now selected as next waypoint. 
- Sensor data from magnetic compass is now ignored ($HCHDT). 
126.96.36.199 (Released 22.12.08)
- Gyro sensor input is no longer preferred before GPS compass sensor input. 
- Problems with the monitor alarm buzzer staying active after alarm acknowledgment are corrected. 
- Problems with the AIS info window becoming unavailable after entering and leaving own ship data change without making any changes are corrected. 
- Problems related to replay of AIS targets are corrected. 
- The alarm list is no longer removed from display before acknowledgment when only cautions are active. 
188.8.131.52 (Released 24.10.08)
- Safe Depth value list now includes 100m and 200m options. 
- Waypoint name / text notes is now shown in ETA display when the waypoint selected for ETA contains this information. 
- Missing Network Caution is now added to the alarm list if the TECDIS system is not connected to the other TECDIS. Caution is deactivated if ‘Backup link to other TECDIS’ in TECDIS Setup is set to ‘0.0.0.0’. 
- Problems related to Track Control in version 184.108.40.206 are corrected. 
220.127.116.11 (Released 09.09.08)
- Local Timezone can now be set with a resolution of 20 minutes. 
- Route WP selected for ETA is now automatically switched to the next WP with a set delay time. 
- Seismic streamers (up to 20) are now displayed when NMEA data for such objects are received ($DNCNn). 
- ARPA targets are now numbered 1xxx and 2xxx when received from radar 1, 3xxx and 4xxx when received from radar 2. 
18.104.22.168 (Released 02.04.08)
- Course vector for AIS targets can now be shown either absolute or relative to own vessel. 
- Arpa targets can now be shown from two connected radars simultaneously. Arpa targets are numbered: 1xxx radar 1 (serial connection), 2xxx radar 1 (IP connection), 3xxx radar 2 (serial connection), 4xxx radar 2 (IP connection). 
22.214.171.124 (Released 01.02.08)
- Detailed official (ENC) charts are now shown in more scale levels (For instance 1:50000). 
126.96.36.199 (Released 16.01.08)
- New utility for activation of automatic route replication. Routes IDs are now assigned as <license number x 10000 plus route number>. Route database modifications are automatically performed on the other TECDIS when this feature is activated. 
- Bugfix: Length of route legs and total route length is now consitently calculated and shown correctly according to great circle / loxodrome setting. 
- “Flood Lights” is excluded from active (blinking) lights display, as it is shown with dedicated symbol in the chart. 
188.8.131.52 (Released 20.09.07)
- New/Changed Function: Scroll wheel on mouse and Furuno keyboard now changes selected value in all edit fields with up/down buttons, and in route planner speed/lane/radius/stop. 
- Program settings are now primarily stored in text file “TELchart.ini”. This file can if needed be edited manually. 
- Commands to AIS are now also sent when AIS is connected via IP. 
- New option available: DNV approved Track Control mode for use with Anschütz NP2025. 
- New SAR function: QRS grid with selectable resolution and orientation. 
- SETUP: Sensor ID texts are now shown in green when data is recieved correctly with the current sensor configuration. 
- Detailed info for custom symbols, lines, etc. can now be set do display external text and image files. Standard file formats are supported. 
- Route with turn radius and “curved EBL” is now transmitted to Furuno radars. 
- The route menu in the upper left corner is automatically hidden after 1 minute, as before, but can now be brought back by moving the mouse cursor to the upper left edge of the screen. 
- NMEA Server: Can now be configured to transmit via UDP. 
- Bugfix in start parameters for SAR parallell search. 
- Bugfix in drawing of previous track (extra line). 
184.108.40.206 (Released 22.03.07)
- On screen keyboard for input of AIS variable data added. 
220.127.116.11 (Released 28.02.07)
- Bugfix remote monitor alarm cancel. 
18.104.22.168 (Released 27.02.07)
- Route extention draw function now reposition chart and zoomlevel to last edited waypoint. 
22.214.171.124 (Released 14.12.06)
- Support for Furuno Control Unit (trackball, keys, EBL, VRM). 
- Auto switchover to secondary Gps if error status flag set in primary Gps. 
126.96.36.199 (Released 16.08.06)
- NMEA ROT for conning display also calculated when Docking display is hidden.
- Route off when primary and secondary route are swapped.
- Bugfix on active lights. Light update was partly missing. (from 188.8.131.52). 
- Bugfix RTE/WPL crossing 0 NSEW. 
- Screen keyboard for Ais messaging and info update. 
184.108.40.206 (Released 26.05.06)
- Bugfix: NMEA startup problem from previous version corrected. 
220.127.116.11 (Released 22.05.06)
- Current setup conning display mode is now saved on switch off. 
18.104.22.168 (Released 09.05.06)
- High resolution display of last part of past track. (Log track is unchanged). 
- Timezone setting in i setup menu. Timezone in wp-list now also corrects for daylight saving time. 
- Improved chart generation speed. 
22.214.171.124 (Released 20.04.06)
- Bugfix memoryleak in IP screenshot transfer server. 
- Screen keyboard in object dialog. 
- Ip nmea reception now filters characters preceeding ‘$’. 
- Cpa alarm time limit, new lower limits 10, 20 and 30 sec. 
- Cpa alarm distance, new lower limit 50 m. 
- Shiphandling option (Setup) for user option to disable CPA alarm. 
- Higher priority on display of lights long sectorlines. Also aktive during route edit. [65,74]
- New automatic cursor function: Move chart arrows when cursor at screen edge. 
- Larger font for tooltip hint text. 
126.96.36.199 (Released 03.02.06)
- Chart databases “World” and “Professional+” select forced mutual exclusive.
- Bugfix calculated wp arrival time.
- WP radius and WP index minimum values set to 0.01 NM.
188.8.131.52 (Released 30.01.06)
- Bugfix, index alarm is now surpressed while route is beeing edited.
- Automatic selection of nearest route waypoint when outside lane is disabled.
- To force selection of next nearest waypoint, press top menu route button.
- Route data to radar is now transmittes WPL first, then RTE. (Furuno radar)
- Route wp list now also with ROT
- Radar arpa target info directly from radar IP connection (Furuno radar)
- Extended .lst import data format.
- New IP service port 2006 for screenshots and other data exchange.
- Chart engine adapted to new C-Map Professional+ (DVD) charts.
184.108.40.206 (Released 29.11.05)
- Bugfix Docking display stern transverse arrow color change.
- Bugfix Docking display bow transverse from nmea VBW when stern data are missing.
- Docking display with wind unit (m/s, knots or Beaufort) and true/relative toggles (mouse button select).
- Setup option for gyro bakckward (gyro + 180 for pendle ferrys)
- Setup selectable alarm if differce between HDT 1 and HDT 2 exceeds 2.5 deg.
- Improved route draw for invalid turn radius situations. Radius if forced to 0 and warnings given at editing and when route is activated.
- Improved Dead Reconing funktion using HDT and STW +- user variable difference value (drift, current, etc.)
- Route entry with boat position outside planned lane (x2) now requires user selection of entry wp. Inital leg from ship position to entry wp is generated.
- Active route is now not interrupted when being edited. A copy route is used for edit. From, to and next wp are locked.
- Confirmation before terminatation of active route.
- Route is deactivated when passing last wp.
220.127.116.11 (Released 29.10.05)
- Removed error message for rare and innocent chart rotation error.
- Increased allowed nmea sentence length to 120 char. to allow for nonstandard nmea messages. (Seatech GGA)
- IP data receive changed to line mode as only Nmea sentences are expexted.
18.104.22.168 (Released 04.10.05)
- Antigrounding minichart scale automaticly adapts when changing look ahead time.
- Alarm for lost dangerous target “Lost CPA” can now be disabled. Warning is shown when activated. Modification is approved by DNV.
22.214.171.124 (Released 20.09.05)
- Transverse conning data is now calculated whwn no received sensor data.
- Bugfix in conning vind direction presentation.
- Bugfix: certain exeption errors could reset setup data (input ports etc.)
126.96.36.199 (Released 23.08.05)
- Minor changes/improvements
- Bugfix remove alarm for Position2 from Ais sensor when ok again after malfunction.
- Transverse conning data are now calculated when no sensor data are available.
188.8.131.52 (Released 19.07.05)
- Bugfix route navigation steering info when multiple wp with perpendicular wol
184.108.40.206 (Released 21.06.05)
- Bugfix minor bugs.
- Resolved occational great circle generation bug.
- Resolved bug in remote alarm acknowledge, now acknowledge multipple alarm situation.
- Resolved bug in Radar chart mode, chart orientation and scale was not appropriate set.
220.127.116.11 (Released 03.06.05)
- Bugfix minor bugs.
- Activation of Auto mode no longer changes selected scale