TECDIS 2138 B is the most powerful TECDIS ever. It combines our TECDIS software with a high end processor from the world-leading Norwegian maritime manufacturer Hatteland Display.
This is the second generation of our most successful ECDIS, the 2138. Based on the same chassis, it has been upgraded in every way to meet the highest demands of reliability, processing power and usability.
- First released in 2004, and kept up to date with regular updates and upgrades, all for free
- Can trace it’s roots back to the first TELchart developed in 1994.
- Designed in Norway, with input and feedback from users and Telko Ambassadors.
- Read more about the TECDIS software here.
No spinning discs
In the 2138B, cooling fans are the only moving parts. The hard drive is now an SSD, and we only use highly reliable INTEL SSD’s in our TECDISes. This greatly improves chart loading and general use.
The chassis now has extractable hard drive bays, making a hard drive swap very easy. This reduces service time if the hard drive has to be replaced at any stage in the unit’s lifetime.
Core i5 processor
In this new generation we are using the Intel Core i5 processor, as it is a great performer and very good value.
This switch cuts down on installation time, allowing the technician to slot the NMEA cables directly in to the TECDIS, without the need for attaching 9-pin plugs to the cables before connecting.
- Intel Core i5 processor
- 4 GB RAM
- DVD reader
- 8 NMEA ports with phoenix connectors for easy installation
- DVI and HDMI monitor connections
- 4xUSB 2.0
- 4xUSB 3.0
- SSD drive
- Compatible with a 4U rack
- Interchangeable SSD and hard drive trays
- Additional 4 or 8 NMEA ports can be purchased
Here we will add technical drawings at a later stage. Stay tuned!